Duration: 2 days
About this workshop
This workshop teaches students how to configure and manage:-
- Azure virtual networks (VNets).
- IP addressing, with specific emphasis on how public and private IP addressing works in the cloud.
- Network routing – default route, user defined route, forced tunneling.
- Azure DNS.
- Securing the network infrastructure with Network Security Groups (NSGs), service endpoints, Azure Firewall and DDoS protection.
- Azure networking traffic distribution mechanisms, including Azure Load Balancer, Azure Traffic Manager, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Site connectivity for multiple scenarios including cross-premises and hybrid configurations with VNet peering and VPN.
- Extending on-premises networks into the Microsoft cloud over a dedicated private connection using Azure ExpressRoute.
- Network Watcher to monitor and troubleshoot Azure networking.
This workshop is for Azure Administrators with an interest in advanced cloud and hybrid networking concepts.
Session 1: Azure Virtual Networks
- Introducing Virtual Networks
- Creating Azure Virtual Networks
- Review of IP Addressing
- Network Routing – Azure default routes, User-Defined Routes, Forced Tunnelling,
Session 2: Azure DNS
- Bring your own Infrastructure DNS
- Azure DNS Basics
- Implementing Azure DNS
Session 3: Securing Virtual Network Resources
- Introduction to Network Security Groups
- Implementing Network Security Groups and Service Endpoints
- Implementing Azure Firewall
- Implementing DDoS Protection
Session 4: Connecting Virtual Networks
- Intersite Connectivity (VNet-to-VNet Connections)
- Virtual Network Peering
Session 5: Distributing Network Traffic
- Overview of Network Traffic Distribution Options
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
- Azure Application Gateway
Session 6: Site Connectivity
- Point-to-Site VPN Connections
- Site-to-Site VPN Connections
Session 7: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Network Connectivity
- Introducing Network Watcher
- Implementing Network Watcher
- Network Troubleshooting Examples