Interested in the cloud, but aren’t quite sure what it can do for you? This is the place to start.
In this Preview Webinar, you will:
- explore the core concepts of cloud computing and how it can help your business
- learn cloud characteristics such as High Availability, Scalability, Elasticity, Agility, Fault Tolerance, Disaster Recovery and how it can save you time and money
- compare and contrast basic strategies for transitioning to the Azure cloud
- explore the breadth of services available in Azure including compute, network, storage and security
1. Cloud Concepts – Principles of cloud computing
Explore the core concepts of cloud computing and how it can help your business.
- What is cloud computing
- Benefits of cloud computing
- Compliance terms and requirements
- Economies of scale
- Capital expenditure (CapEx) vs operational expenditure (OpEx)
- Cloud deployment models
- Types of cloud service
2. Sign up for Azure
The first step to using Azure is to sign up. You may sign up directly through Azure.com, with the help of a Microsoft representative, or through a partner. If you’re new to Azure, you may sign up for an Azure free account to start exploring with $200 USD free credit and free services.
- Sign up for Azure
- Exercise – Create an Azure account
- Understand Azure billing
- Azure support options
3. Core Cloud Services – Introduction to Azure
Get started with Azure by creating and configuring your first website in the cloud.
- What is Azure?
- Tour of Azure services
- Exercise – Create a website hosted in Azure
4. Core Cloud Services – Azure architecture and service guarantees
Azure provides a global network of secure datacentres you can deploy your services into. Learn about the physical architecture of Azure, how redundancy is provided, and what sort of service guarantees Microsoft provides.
- Understand Datacentres and Regions in Azure
- Understand Geographies in Azure
- Understand Availability Zones in Azure
- Understand Region Pairs in Azure
- Understand Service-Level Agreements for Azure
5. Core Cloud Services – Manage services with the Azure portal
Tour the Azure portal features and services and customize your portal.
- Azure management options
- Navigate the portal
6. Core Cloud Services – Azure compute options
Review the Azure compute services and explore how they can solve common business needs.
- Essential Azure compute concepts
- Explore Azure Virtual Machines
- Explore Serverless computing in Azure
7. Core Cloud Services – Azure data storage options
In this module, we’ll explore the benefits of Azure data storage versus on-premises storage.
- Benefits of using Azure to store data
- How Azure data storage can meet your business storage needs
- Comparison between Azure data storage and on-premises storage
8. Core Cloud Services – Azure networking options
Running your app or service in the cloud requires a fast and secure network. Learn some of the Azure networking basics and how Azure networking helps improve resiliency and reduce latency.
- Deploy your site to Azure
- Scale with Azure Load Balancer
- Reduce latency with Azure Traffic Manager
9. Security, responsibility, and trust in Azure
Discuss the basic concepts for protecting your infrastructure and data when you work in the cloud. Understand what responsibilities yours are and what Azure takes care of for you.
- Cloud security is a shared responsibility
- Get tips from Azure Security Center
- Identity and access
- Protect your network
10. Predict costs and optimize spending for Azure
Cost is one of the most important aspects of the cloud and can have a massive impact on your business. Azure has several tools available to help you get a better understanding of cloud spend and some best practices that you can leverage to help you save money.
- Purchase Azure products and services
- Factors affecting costs
- Exercise – Estimate costs with the Azure pricing calculator and the Azure TCO calculator
- Save on infrastructure costs
- Save on licensing cost
- A laptop running Windows 8.1 and higher with any of the following Internet browsers
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Optionally, access to an Azure Subscription