A user in Azure Stack can be a reader, owner, or contributor for each instance of a subscription, resource group, or service.
For example, User A might have reader permissions to Subscription 1, but have owner permissions to Virtual Machine 7.
- Reader: User can view everything, but can’t make any changes.
- Contributor: User can manage everything except access to resources.
- Owner: User can manage everything, including access to resources.
Task 1 : Set access permissions for a user
- Sign in with an account that has owner permissions to the resource you want to manage.
- In the blade for the resource, click the Access control (IAM)
- In the <Resource> – Access control (IAM) blade, click Roles. The Roles blade lists the 3 roles discussed above. Clicking on each role will list the users and groups accorded that role.
- Back in the <Resource> – Access control (IAM) blade, click Add to add permissions for the user by selecting the user/group and assigning the Role. Click